There has been a flurry of activity this week at our place. All of the floorboards have been ripped up and you can see the offending water patch in the photos below. Luckily there does not appear to be any damage to the kitchen cabinetry or anywhere else.
|All of the old boards in the rubbish...|
Unfortunately as i drove past the other day i noticed that we finally have the front door handle and lock. The lock is great but the handle is the wrong one and the attachment points on the new one are further apart than this one so the door will have to be patched or replaced entirely.
Cant believe our luck. I mean, how hard is it to order the correct door handle and then even check before putting it on. This 'wrong' handle has been on order for a few weeks too.
|Not what we chose, or even close to it to be honest!|
|This is what it should look like!|
On a positive note, the ensuite bath hob has finally been fixed and the bath now fits. You may also remember that the bath tap did not reach the bath previously. This has now been rectified. Hooray.
|Lovely big bath... cant wait to get in and have a soak in it!|
The house is literally covered in dots put there by our SS and CM. Mostly they are painting flaws to fix up. Apart from the bamboo floors, render on the outside, the soft close toilets and a few other bits and pieces there's not much else to do.
Here's hoping for some quick work...and no more problems!