We met SS and our Independent Inspector, Rob from Building Check, on site at 8am this morning. It was a huge relief to know that there only remain small touch-ups and minor fixes that can be completed quickly. It was also a novelty that our SS was on the phone arranging trades as each issue was picked up and most are booked in for next Monday through Wednesday.
Our Independent Inspector was overall impressed with the quality of the workmanship in our house, which is great to know. In essence the following need completing before handover...
- The lines in the carpets that we mentioned HERE have not resolved themselves. The downstairs carpets are all being replaced on Tuesday, but the company still believes that the upstairs carpet will resolve and if not are writing us a letter to confirm that they will be responsible for replacing it if it still has lines in a few months time including moving the furniture if required.
- Our inspector discovered that the heating vent in the ceiling connecting the master bedroom heating to the rest of the house has been disconnected by a careless tradie. Luckily the heating guys are coming on Wednesday to commission the heating system and will fix it then.
- We discovered that the pop up bath wastes were not installed. After a quick call to the plumber, it was revealed that they were not able to be installed because of the order in which the bath was installed 3 months ago and no one bothered to say anything. Now the only way to have the pop up wastes is to access the bath plumbing from below ie cut the ceiling in the rumpus and the sitting room, connect the waste and patch it all up again... but the SS assured us that it wouldn't add much if any days.
- Flashing to go on top of the external brick firebox which was recommended when our Independent Inspector came in April still has not been completed. It is needed to stop moisture coming through the porous bricks on the top and getting into the Jetmaster... we couldn't have that could we? What is a mystery (even after directly asking our SS this question!) is why something picked up in April still needs to be done and more importantly how it can pass the QA process.
- Other bits and bobs include a new microwave which was on back order, the elusive colander and chopping board for sink, paint touch-ups, silicon fix ups, grout cleaning, dampers on exhaust fans (which were on 2/5), hot water service needs alteration so that the valve is safer, external garage door replacement and lock.
Exciting times ahead! We are expecting a call from SS on Tuesday afternoon to book in Handover for next FRIDAY!
Pray to the handover gods for us!