Friday mornings meeting went 'surprisingly' well and we finally have some solid progress....
I didn't know how it was going to go, but had notes and plans in hand. All but two items, from what appeared to be an ever growing list of issues, had been rectified. The other two items he told me he was aware of and will be resolved shortly. Interestingly, he had my emails in his folder with hand written notes all over it. At least they have been addressed...
He did use the Co. line re OH&S and being on-site etc etc... Not surprized by this given my emails with identified issues. He also offered the use of the scaffold when its up to install my air-conditioning - that was a nice surprize.
I'm a little more comfortable with his 'hands-on' approach. But I will still be doing my regular review and asking questions etc so time will tell as to quantity of things I find. I may have been a little harsh on him but things defiantly fall away with the hand over from our original SS to our new 'acting' SS. But hey, its not an insignificant investment I'm making, so I'll continue to keep an eye on things....
I'm happy to say the our bricks actually arrived on Thursday. All but one pallet look good and will mix in well. One is very light in comparison - which the 'acting' SS actually pointed out to me - so it will be used where rendering will be done or rejected and sent back. There is about 7,000 bricks on-site now with a further 9,000 odd bricks to come when there is adequate room on site. The brickie's were on site Saturday from around 7.30 to 4... Surprised by that, but very happy at the same time.
Not much in terms of photo's at the moment. By the end of this week we should have half of the ground level bricked up and the 'lock-up' carpenter is in this week so maybe some changes to the internals.
Lets see how the week unfolds.