Friday, September 2, 2011

Patience = A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.


They say, whomever “they” are, that patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait.  Timing is everything. And according to my beloved… patience is not a virtue that I possess. I get impatient waiting for the toast to pop, for the lights to change, for the family home to be built.

As I wait I become more and more consumed by the decorating that is to come. I subscribe to blog after blog on design and decorating and my latest obsession is lighting and thinking about how we are going to make the space that will be there into something family friendly but relaxing and sophisticated at the same time…

These are a few more ideas that I have had recently.

In our powder room, we have gone with a glamorous dark tiled wall and I was thinking a black chandelier might be a nice touch.

Something like these…



Or maybe even something a little more out there like this…



BUT...What’s actually been going on with our build as we wait in anticipation for the real stuff to begin.

This week we have finalised the following
  • Council Permit received (snaps to Booroondara Council for fast turnaround)
  • Final site plans received and signed off on
  • Selections confirmed and signed off on
  • Resurvey/soils test/reestablishment done, and
  • Final engineering completed

We are still waiting on the following to occur this week –
·         slab design/cut and fill/provisional amounts finalised
·         sewer point finalised
·         asbestos clearance from our demolisher to go to M
·         final sign off is booked in for the end of next week.

After that the files will be handed over to construction and we will no longer deal with Cassie our CSC but be handled by another staff member.

We have also just regained access to our “My Metricon” account and have found out our site manager is a guy called Doug. Anybody know of him?

Time wise we are still looking at site start in 2-3 weeks. Too long in my book. Perhaps all I need is just a little patience...

Kirsten

PS…“What we wish we knew then, that we know now !” - New builders pre- construction advice post – TOP 10 tips to come next week… stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. 2-3 WEEKS?!!! Oh Kirsten, I was convinced I'd see a post from you this weekend titled 'site start'! I can't believe it takes that long to get started even after everything is approved and signed off. :(. I hope that's a conservative estimate and you get a pleasant surprise next week! Like you, I don't think I can wait that long, and we haven't even got our final tests done yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I cant wait. There is soooo much red tape to wade through and we are still finding small mistakes in all the paperwork. We are sooooooooo over it all!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions...