What a great surprise to see that the range hood, oven and microwave/grill have been installed :)
I am loving the nice wide oven and I'm glad I got the extra storage drawer underneath as I think it really makes it look better. We also upgraded to an oven that is fitted. I dislike the gaps that you get on either side of the free-standing ones.
Likewise, I love the sleek integrated hidden range hood. Its so hidden, I didn't even realise it had been installed! I think the hidden range hoods look better and are easier to maintain. We had an exposed canopy stainless steel range hood in our last home (great kitchen, designed and installed by Impala) and it was a bugger to keep clean.
The microwave will be an interesting one. We didn't stray too far from the standard Baumatic range. I'm not sure the quality is there but we shall see. We can always upgrade them in a few years.
The gas cook top is yet to be delivered and installed.
Our lovely Jetmaster has also been installed except for the stainless steel flange. We have a funny feeling that the hole may have been cut too big? We shall see...
Other things that have been happening include
- Tiler came back to finish the grouting and as I turned up just as he was getting started so I also showed him a section in the powder room that have slipped and he was all too happy to fix it up for me. It was so lovely to meet such a great tradesman who takes great pride in his work. I am soooo pleased with the excellent job our tilers have done!! I told him so and he was chuffed...
- Plasterers have been back to patch and fix a few walls/joins.
- Painter was supposed to come back to finish painting the front façade (HOPE YOU HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE BIG RED REVEAL!), outdoor room and touch up inside. I wanted to discuss with them about painting the bottom part of the stairs under the big window back in the lighter wall colour rather than the dark colour in the stairwell. It has been on my mind for sometime. I didn't ask for it to be painted dark and I really dislike it every time I walk the stairs. Anyway, I haven't been able to catch up with the painter because he has never shown up!
- Cam has organised Gas and Electricity connections and the gas meter is coming to be installed in the next week or so.
- Our lovely Bamboo timber floors were supposed to be installed starting yesterday. Cam and I met with a landscaper on site this morning and so signs of any timber floors as yet.
- Finally, the carpet is to be laid on Monday.
Lots going on, but such small steps. its really impossible to even fathom that we are not too far away from finishing.
ps. We just ordered one of these lovely TV units for the lounge from Nick Scali's 30% off sale that finished last Sunday. What a lovely way to spend Mothers Day last week. Shopping for furniture and lunch at Ikea. I was one happy Mummy! :)